Monday, November 1, 2010

long night's journey into day -- venice, pt. 1

Howdy!

I've been a bit lax on the blogging, but it's only because I've been widening my horizons so thoroughly with international travel! This past weekend my best friend Dana and I went to Venice and I have many adventures and photos to share.

Venice was my first major trip I had planned myself- reserving flights, hostels, planning things to do, etc. So naturally I was rather bummed when I found out that my Thursday flight was moved to Friday because those damn striking Frenchies. Like a true cosmopolitan traveler, I called Mom crying and she found me a different flight for Thursday morning at 6! am! Luckily it wasn't toooo much more than my original ticket, which I was able to cancel. So, after less than 2 hours of sleep, I left my apartment at 3:30 a.m. on thursday "morning." Here's Calle Alonso Cano, hoppin' as always:


I got to the airport without a hitch, and then proceeded to wait until the 5:15 boarding time. I decided at this point to take a series of self-portraits showing my journey. Note how my face becomes increasingly puffy due to an overdose of "plane air."


I got to Rome at 8:30 and rushed to make my connecting flight, forgetting of course that I was in Southern Europe and nothing runs on time. After a half-hour delay, during which I watched a fashion show on airport TV (oh, Italy), I was up in the air once again! And so happy about it! 


Finally I  touched down in Venice at 10:30 am! What a journey! I felt like an Olympic victor after my trials and tribulations. Not that you'd guess so by looking at this ugly mug: 




It was all worth it because I got to spend 4 days in Venice with my best friend and the weather was gorgeous (except for the last day)! Stay tuned for more photos and stimulating travel writing about the rest of my trip!

Besos,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment